In 1843, Michael Fisher Arendell, son of Bridges and Sarah Fisher Arendell, married Zilphia Ann Leecraft, daughter of Benjamin Leecraft and Mary Fuller; at their marriage, Mary Fuller Leecraft deeded Old Town Lot 75 to Michael and Zilphia. In 1847, Michael sold this house to mother-in-law Mary Leecraft.
Michael studied medicine under Dr. James Lente Manney. After graduating in 1843 from the University of New York City, Dr. Arendell returned to practice in Beaufort until the outbreak of the Civil War, when he served the surgeon general's office in Raleigh. He then practiced in "Morehead Village," helped organize the Carteret County Medical Society, was a stockholder in Shepard's Point Land Company and helped build the Atlantic Hotel in Morehead City. In 1872, this Ann Street house was sold to Thomas Noe, who sold to the Guthrie family. Since 1874, Guthrie descendants have occupied the home.