Built by William Leecraft (1830-1858) two years before his death, this and 305 Ann were inherited by heirs, including William's wife Henrietta, who later sold to Eli Sanders, who sold to Solomon N. Adams in 1866.
In 1912, this became home to railroad conductor William King Hinnant (1879-1936) and bride Nannie Davis Taylor (1893-1965), daughter of Mary Buckman and Nelson Whitford Taylor; "Pa" Taylor bought the house and gave to Nannie for $1.
One joist, near the cellar entrance on the east side of the building, has '1856' lightly inscribed on its side, likely the date of the construction.