In 1812 Patrick Ward purchased this lot for 30 shillings. Ward and Hancock heirs sold lot 95 Old Town in 1891 to John Forlaw for $100. In 1892 Forlaw sold the lot to two people. The northern half was sold to John M. Wolfe and the southern half to James Whitehurst.
    This fisherman’s-cottage style home has been added to over the years, especially since it sits on a very deep lot that backs up to St. Paul's Cemetery. It is named for James E. Whitehurst and his son. James E. was born in 1831 and married Frances A. Duncan in 1855. Edward C., his son, was born in 1859 and married Mary Noe.